Here is a list of what we have seen or learned today in Tel Aviv:
- It’s warm and sunny
- Private donations from the diaspora (Jewish people all over the world are 14.5 millions) are very important in the Israeli development.
- “The country is considering itself to be a research lab” (Daniel Rouach)
- There is a strong patriotism (for example, you can see Israeli flags everywhere)
- Hebrew language is really hard to understand, it looks like Chinese for us!
- the compulsory military service impacts a lot the economy
- Israeli people speak a good English and are very friendly
- Sunday is Monday (Israeli people work on Sunday)
- Israeli websites end with .il
The anecdote of the day: the English cats
In Tel Aviv, we have seen a lot of wandering cats in the streets. We have been told this story : under the English protectorate, there was a lot of rats, it was really a big problem. So English people decided to import a lot of cats to Tel Aviv. Rats disappeared, and cat are still there : in the street, in the university campus, everywhere.